Perennials should not be missing in your garden. The real heart-stopping, breathtaking beauty of a garden comes from that most easy-going of all the plant groups: the perennials, generous, free-flowering plants which die down each winter only to bubble up again from spring, peaking in midsummer with a fireworks display of flowers.
- Hemerocallis (Daylily): one of the most common and most cultivated perennials, there are thousands of different varieties of daylilies coming in just about every size shade and color(except blue!)
- Coreopsis (Tickseed): Coreopsis is easy to grow, thriving in any well-drained soil and full sun. Once established, it is rather drought tolerant. A very versatile, low maintenance perennial!
- Lavandula (Lavender): Gardeners around the world have been growing lavender for centuries for its intensely fragrant flowers, beautiful appearance, and ease of culture.
How to choose your perennial?
Pack your garden in Petersfield with perennials from the huge selection in our garden centre and you'll have something in flower for every week of the year. Here are a few tips to help you choose:
- Cut perennials back after flowering and they'll often give you a second flush of flowers. You'll find secateurs for the job in our garden centre.
- Plant the right plant in the right place: there are perennials for every spot in your garden, whether it's shady, sunny, dry or damp. Ask our garden centre staff for help if you're not sure which to choose.
- Plant in threes or fives for greatest impact: drifts or groups of the same plant really catch your eye and demand to be noticed.
Please ask the staff in our Petersfield garden centre for more information and advice about growing perennials.
Get your perennials at Aylings Garden Centre
Visit Aylings Garden Centre near Liphook for a wide range of perennials. We have different perennials in stock according to the season. Choose whatever takes your fancy each month for really long-lasting display. We welcome you to stroll around in our garden centre and enjoy a cup of tea and/or lunch in our Tea Room while you are here! You can found our opening hours on our contact page. We hope to see you soon in our garden centre!