Do you also like climbers? When you've crammed every inch of space on the ground with plants, the only way is up. Clothe your walls in greenery and smother your sheds in flowers to double your planting space and turn your garden into a green sanctuary from the outside world in sunny Petersfield!
Most climbers are exuberant bloomers, so they like to be in the sun. Climbers come in many colors, they can give a fence or wall a cheerful look. It is nice to combine an early flowering climber (or an evergreen) with a climbing Rose. Climbers are one of the most versatile groups of plants in our garden centre and we've got a great selection for you to choose from. Here are our favorites:
- Clematis come in all shapes and sizes, from the tiny starry flowers of 'Pixie' to big, blowsy 'Rouge Cardinal'. Winter-flowering clematis have pretty seedheads while Clematis montana is a froth of flowers in April.
- Wisteria is the ultimate in show-off climbers with its head-turning racemes of headily scented flowers in early summer.
- Star jasmine (Trachelospermum jasminoides) covers the uprights of pergolas and arches with glossy evergreen leaves and scented white flowers and never outstays its welcome.
- Honeysuckles are the perfect backdrop to a cottage garden, smothered in tubular flowers all summer and filling the garden with scent and punch-drunk bumblebees.
- Passionflowers are far hardier than they look, especially the stop-you-in-your-tracks purple fringed whirligigs of Passiflora caerulea.
Buy your climber in Petersfield
Also curious about our other products we offer? We have a wide range of products with for example bulbs, gifts and containers to choose from. Please ask the staff in our Petersfield garden centre for more information and advice about our products. You can find our location and opening hours on our contact page. We hope to see you soon in our Aylings Garden Centre in Petersfield!