Bulbs aren't just for spring: you can have flowering bulbs in your garden all year round with a little planning. In our garden centre we stock bulbs seasonally, so you'll find spring and summer bulbs on sale in autumn, and late-season bulbs on our shelves in Petersfield from spring. Choose bulbs for every season to enjoy colour from January till December.
- Spring: bulbs are first on the scene with a splash of colour so don't stint on quantity: fill your garden with crocuses, daffodils, hyacinths and tulips from the fantastic range in our garden centre, and double your display by packing them into pots, too.
- Summer: it's the turn of the real showstoppers in summer, and in our garden centre you'll find brilliantly-coloured dahlias, flamboyant lilies, sophisticated bearded irises and easy-going pompom allium bulbs.
- Autumn: plant lipstick-pink nerines for a brilliant splash of colour in September: other autumn bulbs we stock include autumn-flowering saffron crocus, exotic-looking Gladiolus murielae and brilliant yellow Sternbergia.
- Winter: tiny pink Cyclamen coum nod among the earliest snowdrops, while winter aconites and tiny, delicate winter-flowering irises like Iris danfordiae provide a cheery December splash of yellow.
Top 3 bulbs
In our garden centre in Petersfield, we have a wide range of many different types of flower bulbs. These are the most popular species:
- Narcissus: the Narcissus is a perennial. These multiply themselves and can stay in the ground so that they can come back in larger numbers next year. In a place that she likes, they will bloom for years, spring after spring.
- Tulips: They are world famous, the tulips. Especially the single tulip, which is beautiful in its simplicity and provides the ultimate spring feeling, naturally knows everyone. With proper care, you can enjoy the Tulip for a long time.
- Hyacinths: for a lot of fragrance and colour, the Hyacinth is the perfect plant. In the garden, they can be about 25 centimeters high. They bloom in April / May. The Hyacinth is available in all kinds of different colours.
Please ask the staff in our Petersfield garden centre for more information and advice about using bulbs in your garden. Also check out our plants page!
Get your Bulbs at Aylings Garden Centre
Visit Aylings Garden Centre near Liphook for a wide range of bulbs. We welcome you to stroll around in our garden centre and enjoy a cup of tea and/or lunch in our Tea Room while you are here! You can found our opening hours at our contact page.
Summer Blubs and Seed potatoes NOW IN