Front Of House / Chef
Under the direction of the Chef / Cook, ensure a high quality welcome, service and customer experience in the tearoom, including private hire and special functions.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
· Provide a warm welcome and exceptional customer experiences at all times;
· Accurately take orders from customers and assist with any dietary information and needs.
· Ensure high standards of presentation and cleanliness in all areas at all times (food preparation areas, indoor and outdoor dining areas, service counters, food and beverage display areas, customer facilities, indoor and outdoor storage areas);
· Maintain food and beverage displays, replenishing stock, in order to maximise sales potential;
· Assist with food preparation, and other kitchen duties as required;
· Assist with the clearing tables, dishwashing and other general cleaning and housekeeping tasks.
· Ensure the safe and efficient use of equipment and resources at all times, complying with health and safety requirements at all times;
· Ensure food hygiene standards are adhered to at all times;
· Undertake cash handling and operate the till;
· Work to achieve financial income targets;
- Comply with requirements in respect of Health & Safety legislation to ensure the welfare of staff, contractors and visitors;
· Effectively manage any allocated assignments or tasks within agreed time frames;
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the Catering manager / chef.
Person Specification – Kitchen & Front of House Assistants
· NVQ Level 1 or 2 (or equivalent) in Catering or Culinary Skills
· Food Hygiene certificate
· First Aid / First Aid at Work certificate
· Experience of working as part of a team
· Experience of working in a commercial kitchen or café / restaurant outlet
· Knowledge of food hygiene standards
· Able to work as part of a team, following instructions as directed
· Able to show initiative and be self-motivated
· Able to work quickly and to tight timescales
· Ability to be flexible and to adapt to changing and challenging circumstances
· Able to communicate effectively verbally with a range of people
· Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrating the ability to relate well to a range of people
· Able to act with confidentiality, tact and discretion
· Able to remain calm under pressure
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £21,000.00 per year