Plant Area Assistant
To maintain high quality customer experience within the plant sales areas through excellent presentation standards, careful watering and plant husbandry. Delivering exceptional customer service, sharing your knowledge to advise our customers on their plant choices and garden related questions.
The Job will involve:
- Regular watering of the plant area.
- Tidying/caring for the plants & the plant area.
- Customer Service.
- Working outdoors in all weather.
- Lifting products and equipment.
What we are looking for:
A Positive, enthusiastic, motivated individual who is quick and willing to learn.
This is a varied and exciting role in which you will work as part of a small, busy, and motivated team. Our customers are important to us, and we expect our employees to be focused on delivering a consistently great customer experience.
Demonstratable enthusiasm for horticulture, plants and gardening, along with high standards of customer service are essential. In addition, plant knowledge, horticultural experience and a horticultural qualification or certificate are highly desirable.
The plant area is a high-volume environment with a fast turnaround. The successful candidate should be energetic and physically fit as it is a very hands on role, with lifting and manual handling tasks on a daily basis.
· Provide a warm welcome and exceptional customer experience at all times;
· Assist customers by proactively providing accurate and relevant information on plants and garden related queries, as well as other products and facilities within the garden centre;
· Ensure high standards of presentation and cleanliness at all times;
· Maintain displays, through careful watering and plant husbandry;
· General daily housekeeping, including weeding and sweeping around the display areas, maintaining display benches, ensuring trollies and baskets are collected and available for customers, and that all signage is correct.
· Work to achieve department financial income targets including sales, wastage, and margins; Encourage linked sales and special offers where relevant.
· Ensure the safe and efficient use of equipment and resources at all times, complying with health and safety requirements at all times;
· Undertake cash handling and operate the till;
· Undertake any other reasonable duties as directed;
About Aylings Garden Centre:
Aylings Garden Centre is a traditional garden centre located between Midhurst and Petersfield on the edge of the South Downs National Park, bordering Hampshire and West Sussex. Run for many years by the Aylings family, the garden centre is now owned by a group of life long Italian friends who live the Midhurst and Guildford areas. We are a friendly team who are passionate about caring for our customers and offering high quality products and plants.
Nestled within the plant area, visitors can find our Tea Room to enjoy anything from a coffee & cake to one of our hot daily specials, and the garden Centre is home to a number of other businesses. These include boutique shops located in a number of log cabins, a garden machinery company and Skinners sheds.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Apply for this vacancy
Do you want to respond to this vacancy? Please fill out this form completely and your information will be sent to the garden centre.