To maintain high quality customer experience within the shop areas of garden centre through excellent shop keeping and display standards, and processing sales accurately at the till.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
· Provide a warm welcome and exceptional customer experiences at all times;
· Assist customers by proactively providing accurate and relevant information on products and services, within the garden centre, both in person and on the telephone;
· Ensure high standards of presentation and cleanliness at all times;
· Undertake cash handling and operate the till, accurately inputting all transactions to maintain EPOS data, and ensure that all financial transactions balance with takings.
· Accurately process all deliveries, checking stock against delivery notes, pricing and booking into the EPOS system.
· Maintain displays, through well thought out merchandising of stock, as well as cleaning, dusting and shopkeeping, replenishing stock as necessary in order to maximise sales potential;
· General daily housekeeping, including sweeping and cleaning floor areas around displays, ensuring trollies and baskets are available for customers, and that all signage is correct.
· Work to achieve department financial income targets including sales, wastage and margins; Encourage linked sales and special offers where relevant.
· Ensure the safe and efficient use of equipment and resources at all times, complying with health and safety requirements at all times;
· Undertake any other reasonable duties as directed;
· Ensure accurate recording of all information (cash, sales and stock);
· Effectively manage any allocated assignments or tasks within agreed time frames;
· Assist in other areas of the garden centre as required, including outdoors in the plant area
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the garden centre management team.
Person Specification – Plant Area Assistant
· Customer Care training
· Experience of working as part of a team
· Experience of working in a retail outlet
· Experience of customer service
· Experience of working in a garden centre.
· Experience of Merchandiding and display
· Experience of working with Cash.
· Basic Knowledge of Gardening / garden products and services
· Able to work as part of a team, following instructions as directed
· Able to show initiative and be self-motivated
· Able to work quickly and to tight timescales
· Ability to be flexible and to adapt to changing and challenging circumstances
· Able to communicate effectively verbally with a range of people
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £8.72 per hour
Apply for this vacancy
Do you want to respond to this vacancy? Please fill out this form completely and your information will be sent to the garden centre.