We are looking to recruit a Full Time General Assistant to join our team at Aylings Garden Centre. The main role includes giving excellent customer service, working on the tills and around the store.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Provide a warm welcome and exceptional customer experience at all times.
• Assist customers by proactively providing accurate and relevant information on products and services, within the garden centre, both in person and on the telephone.
• Ensure high standards of presentation and cleanliness at all times.
• Undertake cash handling and operate the till, accurately inputting all transactions to maintain EPOS data, and ensure that all financial transactions balance with takings
• Accurately process all deliveries, checking stock against delivery notes, pricing and booking into the EPOS system.
• Maintain displays, through well thought out merchandising of stock, as well as cleaning, dusting and shopkeeping, replenishing stock as necessary in order to maximise sales potential.
• General daily housekeeping, including sweeping and cleaning floor areas around displays, ensuring trollies and baskets are available for customers, and that all signage is correct.
• Encourage linked sales and special offers where relevant.
• Ensure the safe and efficient use of equipment and resources at all times, complying with health and safety requirements at all times.
• Ensure accurate recordings of all information (cash, sales and stock).
• Effectively manage any allocated assignments or tasks within agreed time frames.
• Assist in other areas of the garden centre as required, including outdoors in the plant area.
• Undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the management team.
Job Types: Full-time