To ensure a high quality welcome, service and customer experience in the garden centre tearoom, including private hire and special functions
The Job will involve:
- Customer Service.
- Cash handling & use of Till.
- Food preparation & Kitchen duties.
- Clearing tables, dishwashing and other general housekeeping tasks.
- Adhering to Food Safety guidelines.
What we are looking for:
A Positive, enthusiastic, motivated individual who is quick and willing to learn.
This is a varied and exciting role in which you will work as part of a small, busy, and motivated team. Our customers are important to us, and we expect our employees to be focused on delivering a consistently great customer experience.
Demonstratable enthusiasm for working in a food environment, with an understanding of food Hygiene, along with high standards of customer service are essential. In addition, a Food Hygiene qualification would be highly desirable.
The tearoom is a faced paced environment, and a popular part of our customers visit to the garden centre. The successful candidate should be energetic and physically fit, with exceptional food service standards.
· Provide a warm welcome and exceptional customer experiences at all times;
· Accurately take orders from customers and assist with any dietary information and needs.
· Ensure high standards of presentation and cleanliness in all areas at all times (food preparation areas, indoor and outdoor dining areas, service counters, food and beverage display areas, customer facilities, indoor and outdoor storage areas);
· Maintain food and beverage displays, replenishing stock, in order to maximise sales potential;
· Assist with food preparation, and other kitchen duties as required;
· Assist with the clearing tables, dishwashing and other general cleaning and housekeeping tasks.
· Ensure the safe and efficient use of equipment and resources at all times, complying with health and safety requirements at all times;
· Ensure food hygiene standards are adhered to at all times;
· Undertake cash handling and operate the till;
· Work to achieve financial income targets;
- Comply with requirements in respect of Health & Safety legislation to ensure the welfare of staff, contractors and customers;
· Effectively manage any allocated assignments or tasks within agreed time frames;
· Undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the Catering manager / chef
About Aylings Garden Centre:
Aylings Garden Centre is a traditional garden centre located between Midhurst and Petersfield on the edge of the South Downs National Park, bordering Hampshire and West Sussex. We are a friendly team who are passionate about caring for our customers and offering high quality products and plants.
Nestled within the plant area, visitors can find our Tea Room to enjoy anything from a coffee & cake to one of our hot daily specials, and the garden Centre is home to a number of other businesses. These include boutique shops located in a number of log cabins, a garden machinery company and Skinners sheds.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent